Follow Us On Twitter!

Johnson ready for Test recall - Sports Celebrity News


Johnson ready for Test recallJohnson ready for Test recall

After regaining confidence in his bowling action, paceman Mitchell Johnson says he is ready to make an impact for Australia if he receives a call-up for the second Test against South Africa in Adelaide, starting next Thursday.

Johnson has not featured for the Test team since suffering a serious toe injury against South Africa in November last year.

But after making a solid start to the Sheffield Shield season with Western Australia and working with mentor Dennis Lillee in recent months, the 31-year-old feels he is ready to once again make a splash on the international arena.

Although James Pattinson impressed in Australia's draw against South Africa earlier this week, fellow pacemen Ben Hilfenhaus and Peter Siddle did not make a significant impact, while spinner Nathan Lyon (four wickets) was honest without being overly dangerous.

The Test squad for Adelaide will be announced on Friday, and Johnson is an outside chance of earning a call-up.

"If an opportunity came up, I definitely feel like I'm ready," Johnson said after snaring match figures of 5 for 104 in Western Australia's 110-run Shield win over South Australia.

"I think this is the best I've bowled in probably two years.

"I actually feel like I'm in control of what I'm doing. I know why I'm bowling well, I know why I'm batting well.

"For me to feel like that is a bonus.

"That's what you want to achieve at international level : you want to be able to know what you're doing.

"It's all coming together for me. If I get that chance, yeah I'm definitely ready for it.

"But I'm just happy to keep playing and keep doing what I need to do here (for Western Australia) and keep doing it for long periods."


NewDigg0StumbleUpon0




var switchTo5x=true;stLight.options({publisher:'908d2beb-72ec-47ee-be36-1dbf2d37fb6b'});
Filed in:Sports GossipTags: Johnson ready for Test recall
HOT MODELS BIKINI PHOTO SHOOT PICTURES


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are really appreciated. Thank You So Much.



Follow Us For Famous Celebrity Pictures

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright 2010 FamousCelebrityPicture.com | Brought to you by our great celebrity lovers | All Celebrity pictures and wallpapers are totally free. If any person/organisation/website/society has any kind of issue/advice regarding our great celebrity website please email our main co-ordinator @ webmaster@famouscelebritypicture.com Requested Celebrity Wallpapers/pictures will be removed from our website immediately. THANKS FOR VISITING!!!